These were Selena Jacques Lahue (my Great- Grandmother)’s peonies. My Grandpa dug them up and brought them to his front garden when she passed away, and my mother brought them to her backyard when Grandpa left us. Peonies also happen to be my sister Susan’s favorite flower. I went over to my Mom’s this morning and together we managed to get these photographs. Mom held up the blooms with a stick since they are so darn top- heavy. It was great to share this time with her, and listen to a couple of the family stories while I snapped away. I’m normally not a fan of white flowers per se, but these have a spattering of red to boost the visual interest; kind of like an artist lined the center whorls with crimson. Nature, gotta love her -even when she’s off her HRT. 😉 I hope you enjoy these! Thanks for stopping by.
- Peonies (whimseypie.wordpress.com)
- Spring Peonies (proflowers.com)
- Peonies with History (freshcoatofpaint.ca)
- Eight perfect peonies (naturesurrounds.wordpress.com)
- Things we love: Peonies (finchnwren.wordpress.com)