1. You never get a second chance to make a first impression . . . but you can change someone’s mind.
2. First impressions can be misleading . . .
3. Don’t judge a book by its cover . . . find out whats inside
4. You never know how long people are going to be in your life, so if you treasure them, LET THEM KNOW IT. (I miss you Dad!)
7. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
8. Life is not fair – get used to it.
9. Life is primarily periods of blah suckishness interspersed with periods of intense happiness, sadness, terror, silliness, high drama, & random weirdness – again, get used to it.
10. If you want respect from others you have to first be respectful. (earn it)
11. Don’t complain about problems if you can’t or won’t contribute ideas for solutions!
12. Become a RESPONSIBLE ADULT before you become a parent. Parenting is a PRIVILEDGE, not a RIGHT.
13. Just because you CAN do something doesn’t mean you SHOULD (see above)
14. Vote. You can make a difference. (also see 11)
15. Don’t drink and drive. Your friends and family love you and want you to : a) stay out of jail b) stay out of the hospital/coma unit c) stay alive
16. The older you get, the faster your life seems to go by. Enjoy it, there’s no “do overs”.
17. When I was 7, my parents were the smartest people on earth, when I was 17, they’d become the stupidest. When I was 27 I began to admit they might be right about SOME things, 37 – they were right about more things; and now as I approach 47 I realize they were right about MOST things. I, on the other hand, have gone from being completely brilliant (when my oldest was 5) to being totally CLUELESS now that she is 15. Funny how that works, huh? payback being a b***h and all . . .
18. Just cuz you know you’re special doesn’t mean everyone else automatically knows it. Give 110 percent of yourself in whatever you choose to do – people will see that and respect it. Don’t expect a handout though (see ‘s 8, 10, 11)
19. No good deed goes unpunished. . .
20. Sometimes, it ‘ll seem like the s**t fairy lives at your house.
21. Sometimes, the s**t fairy DOES live at your house (when she’s not living at mine!)
22. Life is boring – except when its not.
23. Life is beautiful – except when its not.
24. Many things in life are outside of our control, but not outside our influence. What we can control are our responses. . .
25. Nobody can MAKE you have a bad day (or a good one, either – see above)
26. Read a book ( or two or three)!
27. Volunteer . . .
28. “Carpe Diem!”
29. If something is free, it’s usually worth what you paid for it.
30. You’ll appreciate what you have much more if you have to work for it.
31. Talking on your cell phone during the movie is NOT appreciated!
32. “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few – or the one.”
(thanks Star Trek!)
33. “Nice hobbitses! – Hobbitses wouldn’t hurt us, would they, precious?”
34. If you dont want my opinion, dont ask – but you might get it anyway! lol
35. Oh look! . . . A chicken!!
36. Be thankful for what you have, someone else ALWAYS has it worse than you do! (that damn s**t fairy again!)
37. Why is it that the good times go by so fast and when bad stuff happens time slows to a crawl ? Is that like one of Einstein’s unwritten laws of the universe or something? Just wondering . . .
38. It takes more energy to frown than it does to smile, so . . . Conserve Energy!
39. “Don’t dream it, be it!” (RHPS Rules!)
40. Life is pretty damn good when you can go shopping at the mall!
41. Life is even better when you do what you love and love what you do!